In the Bible, Jesus says, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." (Matthew 19:14). Anchor Baptist Church is committed to the spiritual upbringing of children. We offer weekly activities such as:
Sunday School/Bible Study every Sunday starting at 9 am
Children in Church on Sunday mornings 10:25 am (nursery available during Sunday church and Sunday school hours)
Children's Mission (RA's and GA's)
Along with our weekly activities we offer many activities for children throughout the year.
- Easter Egg Hunt - Usually taking place on Palm Sunday, our children get together
for our annual Easter Egg Hunt. It starts out in the sanctuary by the telling of the Easter story. Then children are brought outside to hunt for the eggs.
- End of the Year Bash - We celebrate the end of the year with a bash. This usually includes an ice cream social, games and fun on the playground.
- Vacation Bible School-annually every June
- Start of the School/Church Year - We celebrate the start of the school year and the start of the children's activities by hosting a party for all the children.
- Fall Festival - One of the biggest events with children is Anchor Fall Festival. The Fall festival occurs in October. Last year about 400 people attended the festival which included bouncy houses, pony rides, face painting, chili supper and many other activities.